A Message to our Loyal Community
At Tokyo Japanese Steak House, we take the health and safety of our patrons and employees very seriously. We have taken additional measures, on top of our regular efforts, to maintain a safe and healthy environment in our restaurant. We will continue to hold ourselves to these sanitation standards in an effort to do our part in preventing the spread of Coronavirus. In addition, we remain vigilant in learning more about this disease by monitoring developments closely and keeping informed of additional recommendations from public health agencies. We understand the disruption to everyday life that this situation has caused and we are doing our best to make it a little easier on our community. We thank you all for your continued patronage and hope that you will continue to support and feel safe in our restaurant.
Thank You and Stay Healthy
The Tokyo Family
What Are We Doing?
*Changes take effect Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Please click Order Now to check out our online menu and place an order.
Limiting Hours of Operation
Our operation time will be 12 noon to 8:30 pm Sunday thru Thursday; 12 noon to 9:30 pm Friday and Saturday. Last delivery at 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm respectively.
We will be focusing on making food available safely and with low contact through Curbside Pick-Up and Contactless Delivery.
In addition to continuing to maintain our high level of cleanliness and sanitation practices in our restaurants, we are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe experience when picking up take-out orders from our restaurant. This includes:
- Ensuring proper social distancing is maintained; This includes increasing the distance between our customers and cashiers to minimize contact, and placing markings on our parking lots to help customers distance themselves from others.
- Utilizing our Skytab credit card machine so that customers may swipe their own credit cards without staff assistance at curbside.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the credit card machine after each use.
- Requiring all managers and staff members to wear gloves and masks when interacting with our customers.
- Constant hand washing.
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for those customers who request utensils.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all door handles throughout the day.
Helpful hints to minimize contact
Order online and pay in advance (saves you time and significantly minimizes contact)
Use our Curbside Pickup service, whether you’re ordering online or phoning in your order; you don’t even have to get out your car—it’s like our drive thru
While there is no evidence that coronavirus is transmitted from food and food packaging according to the Food and Drug Administration, we are taking extra precautions to help ensure that your delivery order gets to your door safely. This includes:
- Sealing the outermost packaging to ensure that there is no contact with your food from the kitchen to your door.
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for delivery orders for those guests who request utensils.
- Each Order that is pre-ordered and pre-paid through our online ordering system and prepared in our kitchen will be delivered to your door step by our own staff.
- Our delivering staff will be offering masks and gloves when they are out for delivery.
- They will leave food as per instructed by customers, and notify customer once the food is delivered.
Alcohol Delivery and Pickup
We will offer alcohol, beer, and wine for takeout and delivery in responding to Tennessee Governor Bill Lee‘s Executive Order 17.
While we hope this additional service will provide convenience and joy to our customers, we feel that it is our responsibility to see that NO patrons UNDER 21 will be served alcohol and our customers drink sensibly.
Here are the primary requirements:
- All alcohol sales must be accompanied by food and must also be served in sealed containers with a secure lid.
- Delivery or pick-up recipients must not be intoxicated and must show valid ID that confirms they’re 21 or older.
- Our employees (with face covering and gloves) will check customer’s ID from a social distance.
- Maximum 3 servings of alcoholic beverages are allowed to be ordered with each meal.
Click Here to see more details regarding the latest Alcoholic Beverages Law:
Please click here to place your drink order.
Preparing FREE Meals for our Local Police Department
We will continue supporting the Smyrna Police Department by providing them with three FREE meals a week.
Increasing Sanitation and Educating Preventative Measures to Our Staff
In addition to our standard cleaning procedures, we are taking precautionary steps to increase the frequency of the cleaning and disinfecting happening at the premises. We are also regularly providing our staff with information on best practices and procedures as outlined by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including heightened hand washing procedures and requiring team members who do not feel well to stay at home.
Please click Order Now to access our full menu for take-outs or delivery.
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES